I’m a UX Designer & Web Developer who specialises in creating intuitive user experiences and beautiful, responsive websites, which get found – and noticed!
Why I do what I do:
I’ve managed SEO & PPC campaigns in the past, and have come to the conclusion that the best way to get your website found, is to have a great product or service from the start; to pour your passion and marketing nous, into your website from the very beginning.
Digital Marketing shouldn’t be bolted on to your website, or an after-thought, it’s a continuous process that should be nurtured, by the effort put into your online presence over time.
A fast, clean website — built for conversion, with it’s users as the key factor behind any design or development decision made, is a powerful marketing tool.
- HTML5 & Semantic Markup
- Planning and Wire-framing
- Static Frameworks & Boilerplate (Bootstrap, Foundation) for rapid prototyping.
- CSS3 & Preprocessors (Sass, Compass, Less)
- Browser Compatibility
- Custom WordPress Development
- Server & Hosting Set-up
- Deployment and Testing
- Mail Server & SMTP
- Mock-up hi-fidelity concepts on a grid in Adobe Photoshop
- Design and style icons, graphics, logos etc in Adobe Illustrator
- Artwork & Stationary Design for Print
Team Skills & Agile
- CLI Dev Tools (Yeoman, Grunt, Gulp, Bower etc)
- Agile Collaboration
- Git with Git Flow
- Jira & Basecamp
Analysis & Technical
- Google Analytics Set-up
- Goal Filtering with Regex
- Htaccess, Leverage Caching
- Load Speed Optimisation
Outside of my work I enjoy breaking everything (no, really!), tinkering with Linux & Unix, Wood Carving, Guitar & Harmonica, Swimming, Video Games, Graphic Art, Sci Fi/ Fantasy and most of all, building beautiful web applications.
Write & share blogs & tutorials, of my own and by others, to help make the web a better place.
I support the open web & bleeding edge web standards.